I’m taking the rest of 2017 off from the blog. I still have my commitments with EncounterRoleplay.com as one of their News & Reviews writers but for the most part, I’m taking a much-needed break. But honestly, I’ll probably be working on developing 2018’s content schedule along with plans for my personal projects. I will be officially posting again starting on the week of January 15th.
Some updates for December, I’m in the middle of finishing a Feywild supplement to be released soon so I’ll be focused on the rest of the month on that project. Hopefully, you’ll see it released either at the end of the month or early January. There will be two more schedule posts for this month as well, they are scheduled to be released before the week is finished.
As we draw 2017 to a close, I wanted to first thank all my readers, visitors, and supporters of this website. Because you, this website has reached milestones I never expected. To be considered a content creator and be recognized for it, it’s a humbling experience. With that in mind, I look forward to bringing you more content and improve my craft.
A year in Review:
- Began my series of Fey and Feywild articles which are now frequently visited and beloved by fans, which inspired the supplement
- We began a long Anthology series with a rough origin story of a monk who would be called Beren the Yellow
- Featured almost a dozen Kickstarters on this blog & other RPG related products, did some reviews for them too
- Did my first Podcast review too
- Began releasing more content on the DMsGuild and DriveThruRPG
- Started a 2nd D&D group
- Met Peter Calpadi & Karen Gillan at SuperCon
- Became a founding member of the #ThreadRaiders community & witness the birth of its corresponding Podcast
- Joined a few livestream events
- Started up my Patreon
- Met and collaborated with some amazing people on Twitter
- My fear mechanics & Dread Warlock patron article was an unexpected sleeper success
- Released the “Are You Afraid of Dread” Dread scenario and first step to more RPG writing & game design
- Participated in an RPG charity bundle drive to raise funds for Puerto Rico’s Hurricane relief
- Organized my own charity RPG fundraiser for a dear friend of the community after losing their son
- Started second revisions on my first novel
- Lost my job
- Found another job
- Beat metrics from 2016 out of the water and continue to break them at the end of 2017
- Continued to be amazed by the number of people who continue to visit this blog
I’m sure I’ve forgotten a few moments here and there. It’s been an interesting year, 2017, and I wouldn’t trade any of it for a moment. Thank you again for your continued visitation, feedback, and support. Let’s throw some more fireballs at poor player characters in 2018.
This is the Mage, signing off.